Wednesday, January 04, 2006

BFL Update

Well, we are officially in week 2 of BFL. I wanted to give an update at to how things are going. Here are the highlights and the downfalls so far.

Things that are going well:
  • I have worked out just like I should and I love it. I don't love cardio, but I have been getting it done.
  • I dropped 3 pounds this week. I am sure part of that is water weight. I weighed just after I sweated doing cardio.
  • I definitley feel better when I eat right.
  • I ate great on free day. Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, ice cream, pizza... it was awesome! (I paid for it later, but it was fun while it lasted.)
  • I finally figured out how to get a good calf work out!!
  • All n' all I feel good.

Things that are not going so well:

  • I am not eating enough meals. I am supposed to eat 6 small meals a day, but I alway end up eating more like 4. It is actually hard to eat that often. I need to work on this.
  • I am also not drinking enough water. Another thing to work on.
  • I have been bad about taking my thyroid pills. I have a low thyroid and I REALLY need to take them. But, honestly, I forget to take them... or I can't remember if I did or not.
  • I know I am not pushing myself as hard as I should on cardio. I also know I am making excuses for it. I won't go into them here.

So, that is about it. I am going to work on those four things and will check back in next week and let you know how I did. Thank you again for keeping me accountable. Please feel free to ask me about the things that are not going so well.

Oh and lets hope 2006 is a hell of a lot better than 2005!

Curt and Kirby with a Rooster this summer. I know it doesn't make sense.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Hey Em, it sounds like you are doing great! I have a suggestion for remembering pills and to eat... I put my daily vitamins in a little 7 day pill box (one for each day, they are all connected in a row) and that way I can physically see if I have or have not taken my daily stuff. I keep it by my toothbrush so I always see it, too.

I also had to go on a 6 meal a day thing about a month ago and the way that I remembered to do it was by putting *something*- an apple, carrots, anything little- in 6 different bags or tupperware the night before. When I grabbed my "bag" I'd always add more food, but it gave me a visual to see "EAT", and then you can count how many time you ate by how many bags were (or weren't) left at the end of the day. If you want to REALLY be crazy like me, I wore 6 hair ties/rubberbands around my wrist and evertime I ate I could take one off- then I had a visual with me all day, too.
Anyway, I hope those help and keep going! It's so worth it!
Anna

12:16 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Thanks Anna! Great ideas! I in fact, today, was given a pill box from a friend of mine. So, now I have that going for me. I will try to baggie idea too. Thanks!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Kathy!! That is soooo awesome! We will try to call you guys soon so we can talk about it. Yeah!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

where oh where are your updates and accountability???
just thought I would harass you!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

You snot!!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Colie said...

It's been a while Em. Are you going to let us know how it's going? Hope you are having a great day.

9:51 AM  
Blogger isaiah said...

don't forget your glass of water...

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jackie R. said...

I agree - that 2006 better be a hell of a lot better than 2005.

Also, could you email me your address? We have a nice late Christmas card for you!

(mjreitsma@juno.com)

Love you!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home