Monday, December 19, 2005

Getting Started

Well, that does it then. I am going to start being healthy and posting my results here. I thought I would lay out a format first.

Curt and I will be starting Body for Life (BFL) today. It is basically an eat right and exercise routine, but it is pretty strict. BUT, one day a week you get a free day. Eat anything you want and don't work out!! That is what I love. We will do this for 12 weeks and see where we are.

Body for Life Eating
6 small meals a day. Each one lowfat and consiting of equal parts protein and carbs. Add vegetables to 3 of those meals and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

Body for Life Workout
Workout 6 days a week. Alternate cardio workout and weight lifting. Cardio is 20 minutes long, but a very intense 20 minutes. Weight lifting takes about 45 minutes and you alternate upper and lower body. There are a lot of details about the workout, but there is no need to go into it here.

How I will measure the results
My next post will have most of the beginning data on it. (I have an appointment to get a cholesterol screen, but I can't get in till Friday.) Here is what I will measure once a month for the next 3 months.
  • Weight
  • BMI (Body mass index)
  • Percentage of body fat
  • Resting heart rate
  • Cholesterol
  • Measurements: Chest, biceps, waist, hips, quads, calves
  • How my clothes fit, in general
  • General energy level

I will be posting a few pictures, but not in a binki or anything. (HELL NO!) Jeans and a t-shirt friend. But hopefully by the end of the 12 weeks those jeans and t-shirt will be too big!

If you can think of anything I have missed please let me know. And thank you for helping me out! Oh by the way, Curt will be doing this as well and wants to post his results here. I suggested he use his own blog, but he said he wouldn't update it. (He's right.) So, you'll get Curt's info too. Thanks again!!

2 Comments:

Blogger isaiah said...

way to go em. i'll toast some eggnog to your plan! will you post my stats too?! well, i guess i'm kidding, but i'm inspired that you took that actual step of turning a thought into an action--the hardest part. something i desperately need.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kristenanne said...

Go for it baby! Hey, Washington, where you are at isn't all that far away from me right? Where are you exactly? I'd love to come and meet your little girl! YEAH!!!! Merry Christmas and kick some major ars with Body For Life!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home