Friday, December 09, 2005

1 Year Ago Today



One year ago today we lost our Brodie boy to cancer, and today I miss him terribly. We had him creamated and sprinkled him in the river near our home that he loved to play in. I know he would have been great with Erin and it makes me sad that she will only know him through pictures.

Today she saw a picture of him in the bathroom and exclaimed, "Puppy!" Yes, that is a puppy. That is our puppy, always.

An ode to Brodie for being the coolest dog ever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie R. said...

All hail Brodie the awesome!

Hey we talked about you guys tonight. We were at "movie night" at our pastors house - they have it every other week and a few of them were quoting movies on and on... I couldn't even follow them they were all over! Anyhow - I said to Mark that you 2 would fit right in - he said - oh yeah, they would love it! So we missed you! :)

9:47 PM  
Blogger dbrown said...

Emily

At the risk of overgeneralizing (is that a word?), I feel like people either fully understand loving pets or they don't. I do.

I had tears welling up in my eyes as I read your words. It made me think of Brodie...then my pets who've died...then my soon-to-be-5-year-old dog Jack.

I completely understand your sadness, and I'm sorry.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

ooooh shooot!!! I miss him too, now!!!!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home