Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Brooke and Laurie

As some of you may know there was a girl in our town who disappeared over a year ago. Her name was Brooke Wilberger. Yesterday an arrest was made in her now murder, kidnapping case. No details at this point as to why they made the arrest. I worked with Brooke's brother-in-law at the time and went to him for advice when Laurie first went missing. He was helpful and empathetic.

Although I am relieved for the family that there may be some closure around the corner I am also burdened. Burdened for what she may have gone through. Burdened by the memories it brings back of Laurie and that week. The world can be such a F'd up place. It's not right.

From what I understand Brooke was similar to Laurie in many ways. Kind, focused, life giving, full of joy! Why? I just don't get it. I don't think I ever will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

definitely f'edup!
I love your heart...your compassion...your love...

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home