Saturday, July 30, 2005

Daily Remarkable Drama


My mom says life is daily. And I guess she is right. As I was rocking Erin to sleep I thought, today was a good day. Nothing remarkable happened. I didn't win the lottery. There were no major dramas. We didn't sell the Explorer. It was just a good day. A good solid day.

But, if you change your perspective even just a little you realize that daily days are remarkable days. For instance, I rocked Erin to sleep tonight. That in and of itself is remarkable! Daily yes, but remarkable as well. Erin is alive and thriving and I have the previlage of watching the daily drama of her life. Crawling, crying, smiling, babbling, standing, walking... I have a daughter...

REMARKABLE!

I am thankful for daily days in so many ways. I know people who thrive on drama in their lives and I am glad that is not me. I like the kind of drama I have in my life. I like that life is daily. Daily and remarkable at the same time.

4 Comments:

Blogger dbrown said...

Emily

I'm liking the blog. Keep it up!

Also, way to not allow anonymous comments =)You're smarter than I am.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I didn't even know I had done that. Go figure.

8:29 PM  
Blogger John Daharsh said...

E M I L Y !

How the heck are you -- just saw your comment on Eve's blog. I'm glad to see you online.

I'll be reading now that I've commented. Tell Curt I said hi.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

baby cakes! everyday is special... and not in the well 'you sure are unique' ;)wink wink ... kind of way...
coffee soon yeah?

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home