Monday, April 24, 2006

Comments Needed




This is our friend Mikey. Mikey has been around for all the major events in Curt and my lives. He was the first friend of Curt's I met. He stood in our wedding. He helped us move to Illinois. He helped us move back to Oregon. He was there when we found out we were pregnant with Erin. He has always been a great friend and a steady force in our lives.

It is now time for us to be there for Mikey. Thursday Mikey goes in for major surgery on his back. He has a tumor in, yes in, his spinal chord. He will go in for surgery where hopefully they can remove the whole tumor. The doctors don't know for sure until they are in there and can see with there own eyes what the tumor is doing.

So, I am asking for your help. I would like to encourage Mikey before his surgery and am asking you to write him a little note or a prayer he could read in the comment section. (He tells me he reads this blog.) It doesn't matter if you know him or not, I KNOW he would love the support.

I will update soon with how the surgery went. In the mean time thank you for your comments.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck to you Mikey! We are all rooting for you! Thank you for being there for my Sister and for Curt.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Mikey!
Hello there! Obviously a crazy time with your surgery tomorrow. I pray that you feel strength and peace. I also pray you feel the love of those around you. Mikey, you are an awesome loving guy and I am so glad you are in the Bell's life. You mean the world to them! Know you have people with you and behind you that would do anything for you.

9:12 AM  
Blogger dbrown said...

Mikey

A friend of the Bells is a friend of mine. Thank you for being a great friend to them. I'll toss one up to the Big Man for you.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Colie said...

Mikey,
Well ... there is already answered prayer in this situation - PTL for that. But I'm continuing to pray for you; that God would bring you to a closer relationship with Him, that you would know and believe in the healing power of Christ, and that you can rely on Him for your strength.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Barb K said...

Mikey,

I am a late comer to the words of encouragement but I wish you all the best in this journey. I have read that the docs are thinking it may not be a tumor at all; that would be awesome. We will be praying for wisdom for the MDs and a sense of real peace for you.
As Drew said: We likey Mikey.

In Him, Barb K.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home